About VWPartWorldWhen looking for genuine OEM parts and accessories, VWPartWorld is the best source. Our parts are specific for your Volkswagen and we can ship directly from the manufacturer. We staff a team of knowledgeable and organized individuals with knowledge in all things pertaining to the maintenance, upgrade, and repair of your vehicle. Their knowledge and parts expertise covers any year Jetta. We also offer great pricing. It is our goal to stay competitive and one way to appreciate customers is to pass along discounts. We invite you to give us a call, or you can place your order online in a secure, safe, and convenient environment. We often see orders coming our way for Volkswagen Jetta fuel pumps.
History of the Fuel PumpVehicles first used fuel pumps during the 1920s. During this time period, vehicles used gravity to feed fuel to the carburetor. Technology moved forward and manufactures moved the gas tank to the rear of the vehicle. Necessity called for a device that could move fuel from the vehicle’s rear to the carburetor in front. At some point in time, electronic fuel injection took on a whole new role.
About Fuel Pump Assembly ProductsThe fuel pump assembly contains an electric pump motor, cylindrical plastic enclosure, and a spring-loaded frame to name several parts. Special materials are used to construct the pump because it has to endure all types of harsh elements.
Fuel Pump ComponentsFuel pump components general consist of a fuel pump switch, flange gasket, O-ring, check valve, lock ring, fuel pump driver, fuel pump strainer, wiring harness, seal, check valve, and pump relay.
Determining if Your Fuel Pump Is Bad
A. A whining noise coming from the fuel tank can never be good news. This is the sound or worn pump makes when it is on its last leg. Fuel pumps produce a hum during normal operation. At the first sign of a loud noise, take your vehicle to a certified mechanic.
B. If you are experiencing difficult starting your vehicle, the fuel pump could be giving out. Like any mechanical object, they wear out over time and weaken. Of course, there are other reasons that a car will not start. The battery may be drained because the alternator has failed. The battery terminals may also appear corroded because of acid. Take your vehicle to a certified mechanic who can analyze the problem and suggest repairs.
C. The vehicle may also lose power when the driver tries to accelerate. Another indication of a bad fuel pump is a lack of fuel efficiency. Misfires and stalled engines are also common when fuel pumps are on the brink.
Finding a Trustworthy MechanicIf you lack the mechanical skills to change your own fuel pump, the next best thing is to find a qualified and trustworthy mechanic. Changing a fuel pump is not an easy task. You can always take your vehicle to a dealership, but you may have to pay premium prices for the installation.
1. Ask friends or relatives who they use for vehicle repair work. There are a lot of mechanic shops and individuals who are handy with tools. The key is presenting them with the right part or accessory. VWPartWorld can help you in this area. Our employees are experts at what they do.
2. You can also inquire about who services fleet vehicles in your area. The mechanics that work on trucks and vans are certified. They have a lot of experience and can typically change a fuel pump with ease.
3. Mechanics, good ones, list themselves online. Some have websites and others list their services in directories with customer ratings. Do your homework to make sure there are no scams present.
4. Find out what professional auto organizations your person of interest belongs to. AAA-approved auto repair networks are a great place to start. You can trust AAA and their assessment of an auto mechanic.
5. It is important to know if the mechanic has an ASE certification, and if he or she is working at a certified shop. While the certification does not guarantee how well the mechanic can repair vehicles, it does indicate they have met the performance requirements set forth by the auto industry.
6. Does the mechanic offer a guarantee on their work, and is it in writing? If not, keep looking for the right fit. The last thing anyone wants is to have to tug and pull to get a mechanic to honor the quality of their work.Your Volkswagen Jetta is a durable and dependable vehicle. It is good that you take the time to schedule routine maintenance. That act alone can extend the life of your car for years to come. Safety is also an important issue for families on the go. Routine inspections can uncover potential flaws and problems before an accident happens or they become expensive repairs. We carry all types of parts for your Volkswagen Jetta. We invite you visit in person or browse our website. The right accessories can add another dimension to your vehicle whether your purchase is for floor mats, racks, license plates, or wheel rims. Shopping online is convenient and easy. It is also safe. Shop by your vehicle’s VIN number or shop by the year of your model. Either way, we are here to help if you have any question and need helping finding your part. We love helping customers because we know how personally reassuring it is to drive a dependable and safe vehicle.